Call for Entries:
AIA Central Kentucky Architects House Tour 2012
Submissions are being solicited for this year’s Architect’s House Tour. As in past years, the purpose of the Tour is to help educate the general public on the role of architecture and design in their everyday lives; and to raise funds in support of Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville.
This year’s House Tour will take place Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 between the hours of 1:00 and 6:00 PM. Recent years have seen between 250 and 350 individuals will make the trek between the various projects selected. This offers the architects and designers a unique opportunity to showcase and discuss their work in a building type to which most people can relate, the residence. All while making a valuable contribution to an important local organization.
A variety of styles and locations is desirable, from the traditional to the cutting edge; from rural to urban; sprawling to compact; new construction to restoration/renovation. Individual units in multifamily dwellings shall also be considered with the proper approvals of the owners.
The requirements for submission are as follows:
1. The applicant must be an Architect or professionally trained designer.
2. The structure must be completed by the date of the show; finishes and landscaping should be in place, though it need not be occupied by the client.
3. Good quality representative photographs are to be supplied in digital format only (.jpg files are desired). One of these may be used in the tour brochure. You work hard on your projects, so let that time and effort be expressed through quality photography. This quality directly correlates to the perceived quality of your project.
4. A written statement outlining the design intentions, descriptions, significant issues, etc., should be supplied. Again, all or part of this information may be used in the Tour brochure.
5. Provide a digital schematic map to the site and general directions from major thoroughfares for use in the tour brochure.
6. Provide the architect’s or designer’s name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address; and the client’s name, address of the project, etc.
7. Please secure the owners’ preliminary approval and check for scheduling conflicts.
A maximum of five or six projects can be selected, and is limited to Metro Louisville. Consideration should also be given to the potential traffic flow and parking.
Please contact Britney Groneck for further information and to make your submission. Submissions are due by July 27th, 2012. Submissions after this date WILL NOT be accepted for this year’s tour.
Britney Groneck, Associate AIA – LEED AP
Phone: (work) 502.583.0700 (cell) 859.992.1581