Houses Selected for the 2012 AIA Central Kentucky Architects House Tour
Six of Louisville’s most artistic and grand homes will be open to the public on Sunday, September 23rd 2012 for the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Central Kentucky Chapter (CKC) Annual House Tour fundraiser benefiting Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville. The AIA CKC Annual House Tour is open to the public from 1:00 – 6:00pm. Tickets will be available with maps at each of the homes on the day of the tour for $15.00 each or $10.00 each when purchased in groups of ten. The following homes will be featured on the tour this year:
1. The Ashworth and Spangler Residence, 1710 Windsor Place. Architect: Eric Hansen, AIA
2. The Brown Residence, 4228 River Road. Architect: Scott Kremer, AIA
3. The Gratz Residence, 415 Hancock Green Place. Architect: CityWorks
4. The Hall Residence, 1906 Lauderdale Drive. Architect: Anne Del Prince, AIA
5. The Mullins Residence, 8512 Cheltenham Circle. Architect: Mark Doumas, AIA
6. The Neary Residence, 2336 Brookside. Architect: Mary Jackson, AIA
This year, conclude your House Tour at the St. Charles Exchange at 5:00 p.m . for a tour led by the architect. Located at 113 S. 7th Street, St. Charles Exchange is a newly renovated 3,800 square foot building turned into a unique downtown restaurant designed by Chris Bowling, AIA with K. Norman Berry Architects & Associates. St. Charles Exchange has graciously agreed to donate a percentage of sales on the day of the tour to Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville. So please join us and conclude the evening with food and drinks to celebrate another successful year and to ultimately benefit, Habitat for Humanity. Cash bar will be provided. Food on your own.
Learn more from these architects and about their designs by attending this year’s House Tour Architects Forum hosted by Dr. John Gilderbloom of University of Louisville on Saturday, September 22nd from 10:30 a.m. – Noon, located at The Urban Design Studio, 507 S. 3rd Street. Gill Holland will be speaking about green neighborhood renewal on NuLu along with several others beginning at 9:00am. Architects will begin their discussion at10:30am. Refreshments will be kindly provided by Lynn’s Paradise Café. Please R.S.V.P. to Dr. Gilderbloom at email@example.com.
Call for Entries:
A variety of styles and locations is desirable, from the traditional to the cutting edge; from rural to urban; sprawling to compact; new construction to restoration/renovation. Individual units in multifamily dwellings shall also be considered with the proper approvals of the owners.
The requirements for submission are as follows:
1. The applicant must be an Architect or professionally trained designer.
2. The structure must be completed by the date of the show; finishes and landscaping should be in place, though it need not be occupied by the client.
3. Good quality representative photographs are to be supplied in digital format only (.jpg files are desired). One of these may be used in the tour brochure. You work hard on your projects, so let that time and effort be expressed through quality photography. This quality directly correlates to the perceived quality of your project.
4. A written statement outlining the design intentions, descriptions, significant issues, etc., should be supplied. Again, all or part of this information may be used in the Tour brochure.
5. Provide a digital schematic map to the site and general directions from major thoroughfares for use in the tour brochure.
6. Provide the architect’s or designer’s name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address; and the client’s name, address of the project, etc.
7. Please secure the owners’ preliminary approval and check for scheduling conflicts.
A maximum of five or six projects can be selected, and is limited to Metro Louisville. Consideration should also be given to the potential traffic flow and parking.
Please contact Britney Groneck for further information and to make your submission.
Submissions are due by July 27th, 2012. Submissions after this date WILL NOT be accepted for this year’s tour.
Britney Groneck, Associate AIA – LEED AP
Phone: (work) 502.583.0700 (cell) 859.992.1581